Sep 1, 2015

A Month In Movies: August 2015

It's been a long time since I've done one of these, but I thought I ought to get back to it, hopefully to start kicking my writing (which has been sporadic lately for a lot of different reasons) back into gear.

As ever, everything mentioned in one of the awards categories below is a first viewing.

FILM(S) OF THE MONTH
The Birds / Full Moon In Paris


WORST FILM(S)
Terminator Genisys / Mistress America

Best Actor: Jack Nicholson: Five Easy Pieces / Charlie Chaplin: The Great Dictator
Best Actress: Sarah Hagan: Jess + Moss / Sarah Snook: Predestination / Bel Powley: The Diary of a Teenage Girl
Best Director: Alfred Hitchcock: The Birds / The Trouble With Harry
Best ScreenplayEric Rohmer: Full Moon In Paris
Biggest Surprise: Jess + Moss / Predestination
Biggest Disappointment: Marnie
Most Fucked Up Movie: The Visitor
I'm Pretty Sure No One Else Has Seen This: Jess + Moss / AfterDeath
Character I Never Want to Meet: Any of the insufferable fuckers in Mistress America, but especially Brooke (Greta Gerwig)
Why is He/She Still in Movies: Charisma vacuum Jai Courtney: Terminator Genisys
Movie I Finally Got to See: The Birds / Full Moon In Paris / Five Easy Pieces / The Great Dictator
Coolest Title: Class of Nuke 'Em High

No comments:

Post a Comment