Aug 12, 2009

Musical Interlude 1

If there's anything I love almost as much as I love movies, it's music. Back in February I posted my Top 5 Musical Moments in Cinema, but there's still so much more to cover on that topic, so I thought this would be fun, every couple of days to post something musical with a connection to movies.

It might be a clip from a film, it might be a score extract, it might be a video by a band featuring an actor or actress or it might even be a dance sequence.

Cannibal Holocaust: Main title

Such an odd match of movie and music. Cannibal Holocaust is brutal and disturbing, even 30 years after it was made, and yet the score by Riz Ortolani is haunting, strange and beautiful, creating an amazing counterpoint to the unrelenting viciousness of Rugerro Deodato's film.

No comments:

Post a Comment