Mar 2, 2013

A Month In Movies: February 2013

Film of the Month
Onibaba


Worst of the Month
To The Wonder

Awards
It was a pretty weak month, all told, so these awards tend towards a theme.

Best Actor: Tom McCamus – I Love a Man in Uniform
Best Actress: Nobukoko Otowa / Jitsuko Yoshimura – Onibaba
Best Director: Kaneto Shindo – Onibaba
Best Screenplay: Kaneto Shindo – Onibaba
Biggest Surprise: The Lickerish Quartet / Score
Biggest Disappointment: To the Wonder / I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Okay
Most Fucked-Up Movie: Vulgaria
“I’m Pretty Damn Sure No One Else Has Seen This”: Chameleon Street
Person/Character I Never Want to Meet: Yamazaki [Ren Osugi] – Exte
“Why Is He/She Still in Movies?”: Judd Apatow [Director] / Melissa McCarthy [Actor] – This is 40
Ultimate WTF? Moment: The mule – Vulgaria / Machine gun girl – I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Okay
Movie I Finally Got to Friggin’ See: I Love a Man in Uniform
Coolest Title: Mask of Satan
Hottest Lady: Emanuelle Seigner / Kristin Scott-Thomas – Bitter Moon

Thanks to my friend AJ Hakari for letting me use these categories, which he’s been asking people to fill in at the Joblo forums for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment