May 4, 2010

News

Of all the things I would NEVER have thought would get tapped for a remake, Mier Zarchi's infamous video nasty I Spit on Your Grave (a film which, 30 years after its release, remains a genuinely distressing experience) is near the top of the list. Here's the poster for the remake.



You know what? I'm intrigued. Just approaching this film is a hugely ballsy move, and if the people behind this new version can combine the ultra disturbing tone of the original with better performances, especially from the actors playing the men who attack Jennifer Hills, we really could have something here. The poster gives me hope, as it suggests that this movie isn't going to be some watered down PG-13 item. Could this be that rare thing... a worthwhile horror remake?

1 comment:

  1. I really can't get on board this, especially after seeing that poster. Awful!

    ReplyDelete