Feb 17, 2010

Read this



When we had our first CD-ROM computers in the mid 90's my parents got me a movie encyclopedia called Cinemania, and it was there that I first read Roger Ebert's reviews. Like all the really great critics, it doesn't matter whether or not you agree with Ebert, his words are just a pleasure to read. He's been very ill over the last seven years, but he's still turning out criticism at a rate that makes most other critics look like slackers, and it's still brilliantly written.

I was linked to thes Vanity Fair profile of Ebert this morning, and wanted to post it here for you to read because it's a beautiful piece of writing; funny, moving and fascinating, and it gives a real insight into a great critic, one whose writing and love of movies inspires me every day.

CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment